Our latest news stories
When you’re newly engaged it can be frightening thinking about all the tasks you need to undertake. One of the first things you’ll do is find a venue to hold your ceremony and reception. The type of venue can range from a castle, to a hotel, to a gallery, or a stately home. You need to make sure the venue will make you feel comfortable, relaxed, and happy on the biggest day of your life.
A few things to look out for before singing a venue contract are:
1. Minimum numbers. Are you required to cater for a certain amount of guests at your wedding?
2. What are the rules and restrictions on music, entertainment, or additional suppliers? If you dream of a 10-piece band and find that the venue has a music limit which only allows for a 3-piece, you’ll need to move on to another venue
3. What times do you have the room(s) for? If a lot of decorating or production will go into your event make sure your vendors will have enough time to set up. Also, find out what time you must vacate the venue.
4. Are you the only wedding on the day?
5. Exactly what’s included in the hire fee/package? Linens, cutlery, tableware, tables, chairs, etc. Are any decorations included such as candelabras, tea lights or chair covers?
Leave a Reply